Thank you from MR2 Only Magazine

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
steve-mr2onlymag
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0

Thank you from MR2 Only Magazine

Post by steve-mr2onlymag »

Have to say what a great weekend, you guys rock, nice to catch up with you all, did'nt get to spend as much time there as I'd of liked, with manning the MR2 only Mag stand, and spreading ourselves around IMOC, MR2ROC and TWOBRUTAL, what it's like to be popular hey! but judging by your fancy dress costumes a good time was had by all lol... due to Jagermeister over indulgence I pretty much wrote of yesterday until late afternoon! :rofl: I should really stop doing that, but can say there were no Wicksteed Wolf sightings! My apologies to anyone who may have come across me yesterday wandering around with the hangover from hell and not had a great lot of sense out of me lol, I spent much of the day worshipping a tree in a quiet corner behind our stand lol.

Weekend was almost soured earlier this afternoon when the wind blew Replikits heavy sign onto my black Mk2 turbo, damaging the roof, pillar and taking a chunk out of the spoiler, however Tim agreed to settle any repair bill, and later on I decided to take a pair of their vented front wings by way of compensation instead, as I always intended to get my Greddy kit repainted, as well as fitting a rev 3 spoiler etc, and tidying up a few bits anyway. Also on the way home looks like the clutch is on it's last legs on the Roadster Turbo when on boost, been heading that way for a year now, so need to source a new uprated one, but hey these things didn't ruin what was a fantastic weekend, and the first JAE I've managed to have two of my MR2s there, and working! - thing the weekend was made all the better by the weather.

A very big thanks to those who made us very welcome, mainly Fri evening, everyone that came over to say hi and look on our stand, and buy back issues, subscriptions and stickers, and anyone I spoke to about future feature cars.

Looking forward to next year already (but in the meantime, see you at Japshow Finale in a few weeks!) :th:

www.mr2only.com - The ONLY dedicated magazine for the MR2 enthusiast worldwide - MSN: stevebishop73@hotmail.com

Howlin_Mad
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Re: Thank you from MR2 Only Magazine

Post by Howlin_Mad »

Good to catch up again Steve - sorry to hear about the car but at least you worked something out!

Pam was telling us of your misfortune with the beer - infact she relished in it - much to our amusement (hides).

Good we could borrow Colin (Mark) for a while and introduce him to the OC way of things - i'm sure he regrets it now - eh Colin??? :laughing

Many a time was your legendary Wellingborough night mentioned when i wore the WKD "Horns of Power" on the Saturday night - man they were some good memories - or lack of!!! Bin Boy!!! :rofl:

Catch you lot at Japshow Finale - should be a great end to the year :clapping:

HM
MGB GT For Sale// JDM Rev3 3VZ-FE V6

Topic author
steve-mr2onlymag

Ha ha you're right there mate, my 3 years of being around here have certainly been eventful, and my drunken antics have certainly left some memories lol, with more to come no doubt! :laughing
www.mr2only.com - The ONLY dedicated magazine for the MR2 enthusiast worldwide - MSN: stevebishop73@hotmail.com

JustJJ
Years of MR2 Ownership: 6
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by JustJJ »

Good to see you there Steve and sorry to hear about the problems!!

Thanks for the stickers and pop the big bonnet one in the post, we will stick it on still :)

great to see everyone on MR2Only :)

Topic author
steve-mr2onlymag

No worries JJ, will post it out tomorrow, was really gutted when I realised I'd left the sticker on my desk at work, after we'd stayed over late getting everything done for the show, grrrr!

by the way, car looked great, credit to you guys from the OC that helped get it back on the road :th: can't wait to run the story in the mag!

Vargas

Post by Vargas »

It was good to see you and the team Steve :th:

As Kieren said your mum was so keen to tell us of your mis-fortunes :bleh:

h18ant

Post by h18ant »

Good to meet you and the MR2 only team Steve. Thanks for having the car on the stand yesterday morning. Catch up with you at the next one! :th:
304.2 bhp and feelin good...............
whitworthmike wrote:I had a two minute fiddle with it after playing with hm for most of the evening.....

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “JAE pics and vids”