How do I replace Toyota MR2 MK3 park lights?

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
iEspen

How do I replace Toyota MR2 MK3 park lights?

Post by iEspen »

After I removed the Big plastic cover from the front compartment, I found that the headlight containers were a bit better fastened than expected. Do I have to remove the entire front bumper to access the park lights? Anyone care to link me a guide/video walking me through this? It seems to be a ton of work :)

Oh, and there's also mist in one of them.. It's not pretty, and does anyone have any tips on fixing that? ;)

Topic author
iEspen

Re: How do I replace Toyota MR2 MK3 park lights?

Post by iEspen »

Terribly sorry, mate, I tried to translate the norwegian word "parklys" directly into English.. Doesn't always work out as great :)

To be quite honest, I have no idea what they're called in English. They are basically the lesser of the two bulbs in the headlight compartment, used when you're parked. I was planning on replacing those bulbs while I was looking into the mist issue. So I unscrewed two of the three screws you mention, but at no point did I find a third screw. It's pretty obvious that it's holding onto something, and I figured it was the bodywork (thus my question about the bumper), but if there's a third screw, I guess that makes more sense. Mind telling me the location of the screws holding onto the headlights?

Anyways, thanks for the help so far.

Topic author
Rbuckingham

Post by Rbuckingham »

there is a third screw under the head light. to remove the head lights i had to take the bumper off which has a bolt onto each wing 3 or 4 underneath and 3 i think on the top. hope this helps.
also i think park lights to you are side lights to us.
richard

trevsmr2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 6
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by trevsmr2 »

Blimey ,didnt realise you had to remove the light to change a sidelight bulb??

Topic author
Rbuckingham

Post by Rbuckingham »

it can be done but it is bloody tight

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK3”