Noise when clutch is pressed down.

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
ChrisR1984

Noise when clutch is pressed down.

Post by ChrisR1984 »

hi guys, when i press the clutch down i hear what sounds like a click or maybe a clunk.. not really sure, sometimes i can press it and not get a sound, but then other times it happens everytime i touch the clutch.

any ideas?

Howlin_Mad
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Re: Noise when clutch is pressed down.

Post by Howlin_Mad »

Where is the click sounding from?

HM
MGB GT For Sale// JDM Rev3 3VZ-FE V6

Topic author
ChrisR1984

Post by ChrisR1984 »

when your in the passenger side it sounds like its coming from the middle of the car just behind the seats.

Topic author
bubs_mr2

Post by bubs_mr2 »

check clutch control cable or fork

Wabbitkilla
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by Wabbitkilla »

We ARE talking about a MK3 roadster aren't we?

The clutch is hydraulic, this may be a bit of play in the slave cylinder or the release springs.
It's hard to get a look at as it's stiffed down the back of the gearbox in the most inaccessible place possible. Another good check is to take the frunk plastics off and check you've got plenty of fluid in the reservoir. MK3's have a reputation for the slave cylinder making noises - usually a squeak when the clutch is depressed. They can be noisy one minute and quiet the next, last for years like that without any problems.
"It's a quiet road - except for the traffic"

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK3”