Engine removal

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author

Engine removal

Post by 500 »

Hi all,

Will be starting an engine change for a friend over the next few days, what is the easiest way of removing the engine on a mk3?

Are there any guides to have a look through or does anyone have a pdf or similar covering it?

I'm guessing rear bumper off, engine cover and bracing off, shafts out and engine/box out through the bottom?

anything that I should look out for?

Thanks

Adam.

rhon
Years of MR2 Ownership: 15
MR2's Owned: 2

Re: Engine removal

Post by rhon »

I think I'd have tried to find out the pro's n cons BEFORE volunteering!
red arrow16a (XVIa)& 16b (XVIb) replacement gear & handbrake gaiters http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/265/149068.html Refurb gearknobs and steering wheels W Mids Regional Rep

Topic author
pete-h

Re: Engine removal

Post by pete-h »

Rhon wrote:I think I'd have tried to find out the pro's n cons BEFORE volunteering!
he had no choice :D

its out now, just got to get the new one in! when it arrives :annoyed:

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK3”