Cheapest place to buy quality spare parts

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem

Topic author
ACE

Cheapest place to buy quality spare parts

Post by ACE »

I've posted this on other forums aswell, but I'm interested in getting as many as possible answers on this subject.

I'm currently completely overhauling my MR2 Turbo.

The easiest way to go abut this, would be to source the parts in Denmark (I'm from Denmark) But as the prices are very high in Denmark, I figure the next best thing is to buy from the UK.

So I'm currently looking for a good shop to place my order at. I'll be buying quite a lot I think so hopefully I'll be able to get a little discount.

So far I've found:
MR2-Ben.co.uk
TCBparts.co.uk
Fensport.co.uk
carparts4less.co.uk/car-parts
gtschris.com/

Buy I'm curious as to know if you know of a better place to source the parts? So far I'm leaning towards MR2-Ben as they seem the cheapest.

Parts like: Wheel bearings, brakes, dust shields, abs sensors, bushings, steering components, cooling components, components for a transmission rebuild, electric speedo. Also looking for a good deal on a Quaife lsd.

Right now I'm sort of split between TCB and MR2-Ben. Genuine Toyota parts is not a must, as the car will only be used very little each year. However comparing wheel bearings from the two sites: TCB (Solid Auto - Chinese), MR2-Ben (FAG - Indian well renowned) it would seem that MR2-Ben has the better quality parts (There is a limit to what I will install on my car, and cheap Chinese parts is out of the question)

What do you guys think? Most people have suggested TCB. Where would be the wisest place to place my order? Or maybe you know of a company not on the list?

topgun
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 10

Re: Cheapest place to buy quality spare parts

Post by topgun »

Camskill brilliant service and prices to match :th:

peteV6R5
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by peteV6R5 »

topgun wrote:Camskill brilliant service and prices to match :th:
+1 but have used some on the list depending on what i was after - and to be fair good service as well.
Highland Drive 13/14/15/17/18/19
JAE 07/09/10/11/12/13/14/15/16/17
Japfest 09/11/12/13/16/19
Wales runs 14/15/16/17/18

Topic author
ACE

Post by ACE »

Thanks for the input you guys :)

Return to “MK2”