Gen 2 and Gen 3 HT Leads help

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 10 years and 2 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
ElvisRockVinyl

Gen 2 and Gen 3 HT Leads help

Post by ElvisRockVinyl »

Hi guys

I need some ht leads for my Gen 2 3SGE import, the ones on my car are 5mm clip on type and i want some Magnecor leads but fensport only have them in stock for gen 3 3sge's but ive looked at the gen 3 leads they look exactly the same as the gen 2 leads though with the same clip on plugs, will these fit?

http://www.fensport.co.uk/Parts/Model_2 ... ory_1/1329

Topic author
chefey

Re: Gen 2 and Gen 3 HT Leads help

Post by chefey »

Why do you want Magnecors, Toyota`s oem are much better, mine were 15 years old when I changed them, and the were still not giving any problems.

Craig-rev3
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Craig-rev3 »

chefey wrote:Why do you want Magnecors, Toyota`s oem are much better, mine were 15 years old when I changed them, and the were still not giving any problems.
That doesn't exactly answer his question does it :rolleyes:

Those will fit your car, its only the Rev 1 leads which won't fit as they are a different size.

As long as you replace 5mm with 5mm you won't have any issues :th:
Rev 3 N/A - RIP :(
Rev 2 Turbo - Sold :(
Rev 1 N/A - Road Legal Track Car :D
Rev 1 V6 - Co-owned side project :D

Topic author
ElvisRockVinyl

Post by ElvisRockVinyl »

chefey wrote:Why do you want Magnecors, Toyota`s oem are much better, mine were 15 years old when I changed them, and the were still not giving any problems.

Because I like Mags and they work really well on my Supra so going to put a set on my MR2 now that my OEM leads are knackered

GazRev1Tubby
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by GazRev1Tubby »

Personally, id recommend the ngk blue leads, gts Chris sells them. They're cheaper than magnecores, and very good quality.

I know magnecore leads used to have problems with the ends not being particularly good, and they'd fall off randomly. I don't know whether they ever addressed the issue. Also, I've known some to not seal properly around the plug wells, and allow water in when it rains.

Just my 2p

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
1996 BPU Supra TT ;)
The deuce will surely be missed, until the second turbo comes online :th:

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 10 years and 2 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”