WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

rhon
Years of MR2 Ownership: 15
MR2's Owned: 2

Re: WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Post by rhon »

:yawn: are we there yet??

red arrow16a (XVIa)& 16b (XVIb) replacement gear & handbrake gaiters http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/265/149068.html Refurb gearknobs and steering wheels W Mids Regional Rep

trevsmr2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 6
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by trevsmr2 »

These guys got a record on the 19th July
so we should have heard something by now :search:

it says they had an on site adjudicator though

http://community.guinnessworldrecords.c ... /7691.html

Topic author
topgun
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 10

Post by topgun »

I have sent all the necessary paperwork and evidence to GWR,so we will just have to sit and wait for there verdict.If there is a on site adjudicator from GWR the decision will be made there and then,but to have an official adjudicator costs round £2000.

TonyleFrog
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16

Post by TonyleFrog »

topgun wrote:I have sent all the necessary paperwork and evidence to GWR,so we will just have to sit and wait for there verdict.If there is a on site adjudicator from GWR the decision will be made there and then,but to have an official adjudicator costs round £2000.
For how long TG? Did they give you any indication of how long the process takes?
I think it will need a nudge from you to keep them interested mate.
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

Topic author
topgun

Post by topgun »

TonyleFrog wrote:
topgun wrote:I have sent all the necessary paperwork and evidence to GWR,so we will just have to sit and wait for there verdict.If there is a on site adjudicator from GWR the decision will be made there and then,but to have an official adjudicator costs round £2000.
For how long TG? Did they give you any indication of how long the process takes?
I think it will need a nudge from you to keep them interested mate.
No mate they gave me no indication on how long it takes but i will give them a call to see what the state of play is. :th:

Jono GT

Post by Jono GT »

I know you'll tell us as soon as you know, but... have you heard anything yet?!

r0b

Post by r0b »

any news TG? :blink:

Topic author
topgun

Post by topgun »

robx wrote:any news TG? :blink:
Gave them a call about 3 weeks ago left a message and no one has got back to me :ranting1:

Tsunami
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by Tsunami »

My guess is they have more "important" records to verify, like the all important hopping backwards while playing the bagpipes one... :rolleyes:
We have nothing to fear except politicians themselves

d-peg
Years of MR2 Ownership: 13

Post by d-peg »

Just how can that sum be justified???? sounds like a load of back-handed 'buy-a-record' bull to me!!!
92 JDM Turbo - V8 Project Car - LINK
93 UK N/A - V6 SC Project Car - LINK
00 mk3 2zz - Driven Daily :D - LINK
It's not a party till I get my bum out

r0b

Post by r0b »

how about we all convoy WRA style up to Guiness HQ and see whats going on? :laughing

Topic author
topgun

Post by topgun »

robx wrote:how about we all convoy WRA style up to Guiness HQ and see whats going on? :laughing
lol

TonyleFrog
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16

Post by TonyleFrog »

topgun wrote:
robx wrote:any news TG? :blink:
Gave them a call about 3 weeks ago left a message and no one has got back to me :ranting1:
It's pretty clear that you're going to have to get on their case a lot more often than that mate.
With some people if you want them to act you have to hassle them. Every day if needs be.
They will deal with it just to get you off their back!
Tsunami65 wrote:My guess is they have more "important" records to verify, like the all important hopping backwards while playing the bagpipes one... :rolleyes:
PMSL!
robx wrote:how about we all convoy WRA style up to Guiness HQ and see whats going on? :laughing
And tell them we're going to attempt a new record at the same time. The most number of windows smashed in 60 seconds. Theirs.

please note the above is not to be taken seriously - I am not condoning wilful destruction of property belonging to others!
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

rhon
Years of MR2 Ownership: 15
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by rhon »

at a cost of £2k if everyone that had attended was willing to pay an extra tenner, then we could have had this settled on the day.

considering how much some members on here that attended spend on their cars ......... a tenner extra wouldn't have broken the bank......

Think GWR are taking the P IMHO........ do they take a cut in the profit of the takings from this sort of event?
red arrow16a (XVIa)& 16b (XVIb) replacement gear & handbrake gaiters http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/265/149068.html Refurb gearknobs and steering wheels W Mids Regional Rep

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “WRA post event chat”