EML ???

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Bcon

Re: EML ???

Post by Bcon »

Heya all,
I have had the same problem, main cat broke up after going into a pothole and giving it a good knock. :annoyed: Got the mechanic to remove the main cat, the precat is still there and working fine. If the engine is emissions tested before getting up to temperature then it should pass right? As the precats are primarily to remove harmful gases at low temps?
It was also "suggested" that copious amounts of wire wool in the exhaust would help to pass the emissions test?!!!!! Just wondering if any of this is true?
Or do i bite the bullet, remove the precats and get the main cat replaced for emission testing? " reasons I dont want to do this are 1. Cost, and 2. The noticeable power increase without the main cat :D

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

(2000 MR-s)

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK3”