Turbo Engine Swap Consideration

Considering a turbo or V6 conversion then use this forum
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 13 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Daemon_slayer

Re: Turbo Engine Swap Consideration

Post by Daemon_slayer »

actually i finished it last month.bad side is that my licence plate is only active from march to december.So the car waits in my garage for brake in :crybaby:
i check for it every day..sometimes at night too..
meanwhile i mount some parts here and there - i also have to find new wheels for it i had heavy traction problems with the sizes i run now (NA)

if you guys have any questions about the tech - i try to help out with infos.basically i know everything from a guy named Sam (Pitcelica) and from my built.

Topic author
d-peg
Years of MR2 Ownership: 13
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by d-peg »

Kind of lost by your comments slayer?

You have put together one of the most well detailed and finished engines, probably only second to Mandalay - Angelo in Australia with his Beams SC build. I don't understand your reasoning behind having a go at me for showing your pictures of an MR2 engine build on another MR2 club?

I have to say i know a thing or two about building engines as do a fair few others posting here. So "knowing everything about nothing" is probably a german misconception i guess.

I thought the whole point of communities like this is to help eachother and would hope that if somebody came to you for advice from the the link i posted of your .com post i would hope you would help them much the same as i would if it be a v6 swap. I most certainly am NOT one for with holding information and hope you are the same.

I guess my ego flattery comments "one of the best i have seen" and "Pure Art" fell on deaf ears.

MR2OC.co.uk is very different to .com... we believe in helping everybody where possible for the good of the community and our cars. I am sorry you feel that me sharing pictures of you truly magnificent engine build has somehow detracted from the work you have done...

Oh and by the way;

Welcome to the club matey! :D

(maybe start with an introduce yourself post next time)

Hope the running in goes ok :)
92 JDM Turbo - V8 Project Car - LINK
93 UK N/A - V6 SC Project Car - LINK
00 mk3 2zz - Driven Daily :D - LINK
It's not a party till I get my bum out

Daemon_slayer

Post by Daemon_slayer »

jeah maybe i was bound to the german forum for too long - to get this attitudes..nothing but hate there on every engine built man. :laughing
At least you can see on my first post in the mr2oc.com where i feel home now.(did not try the UK forums yet).
the main reason for my posting is - that this image linking tends to put the mind behind this projects in the background.Dont get me wrong - iam not looking for a price on this built - in fact i dont see the polished parts and powedercoating no more the way other guys see them - but it would be worthless for me if all the guys out there dont know where this came from.In a way this built is not made for me/myself only - this whole thing was a credit to our MR2 as a car i love as i mentined in the thread somewhere.
So i wanted to be connected to that as tight as possible.beside the tech sharing stuff - which i DO.
I helped out every guy via PM or in that thread as good as i can. :)

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 13 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Engine Conversions”