Japday Castle Combe 14th May 2016 - CLOSED - Stand Booked

This section is to talk about setting up MR2OC events.

Moderator: Regional Reps

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 8 years and 3 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

jimGTS
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 3

Re: Japday Castle Combe 14th May 2016

Post by jimGTS »

does seem odd you cant pick a track "time".

is this just randomly assigned at some point by the event organisers?

......Rev4 Tbar Turbo......
______Azure blue______
12.53 @ 114mph = ct20b UK record!
____Project, click me____

notroubleclubber
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8

Post by notroubleclubber »

Well done tinker2.

Just let me know when you want the money and will sort it.
Unless we want all mr2s on a same session/s then is it best to buy our own track time separately then?

Topic author
Tinker2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7

Post by Tinker2 »

JimGTS, yes it is odd that they don't tell you which slot you are buying. I have asked the question as to how it works. Will come back when I know.

Notroubleclubber, yes it is best to book your own track time as we have never managed to get enough people together to book a dedicated club session.
1990 Rev1 GLimited T-Bar Black = Gone but not forgotten
1998 Rev5 N/A Cosmos Blue = Sold
1995 Rev3 GT-S T-Bar Goodwood Green =

Gaz!

Post by Gaz! »

I might be up for this? See how it compared with the old days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MaGiK

Post by MaGiK »

I'll probably be interested too as it's just around the corner from me anyway. Didn't go to any shows last year [emoji852]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
Tinker2

Post by Tinker2 »

jimGTS wrote:does seem odd you cant pick a track "time".

is this just randomly assigned at some point by the event organisers?
Just had a reply Jim, if I understand their reply correctly they are changing the website so that when you buy a slot it will give you the time options. They said it should be sorted within the next few days.

TonyleFrog
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by TonyleFrog »

Ooops! :blush:

I forgot to post up that I spoke to Amelia at Castle Combe last week. Your understanding is correct. She told me that the Japday Car Clubs web page will be updated so that purchasers of public track time will be able to choose which session they want. At the time she was unable to give me a definite date when it would happen though.
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

Topic author
Tinker2

Post by Tinker2 »

That's OK Tony, it might spear them on to doing something if a few people are asking. I think this is the first time that Combe themselves have organised it so they are making a few mistakes.

The sent me an amended booking form with all the changes but they haven't updated the website yet so they must have other clubs asking the same questions. Amelia is very helpful though so I'm sure all will be OK :th:

devonlad108

Post by devonlad108 »

I will definately coming along to this, I cant make it as far as Japfest, Combe isnt too bad for me to travel to.
Put me down for it, I look forward to seeing y'all there!

B22_JLD
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by B22_JLD »

I will be definitely coming to Japday, that is if i can work out how to book a ticket :confused1: . can someone please send me a link or something so i can do it easier as i am rubbish at this i followed the link on the first page got to some form thing but couldnt type init. is it possible to get in with the club stand ?? any spaces?

TonyleFrog
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by TonyleFrog »

Tinker2 wrote:That's OK Tony, it might spear them on to doing something if a few people are asking. I think this is the first time that Combe themselves have organised it so they are making a few mistakes.

The sent me an amended booking form with all the changes but they haven't updated the website yet so they must have other clubs asking the same questions. Amelia is very helpful though so I'm sure all will be OK :th:
The track day booking link on the club pages still hasn't been updated yet to allow specific sessions to be booked.

What HAS been added is a new link which allows club members to book their ticket/club pass individually. I assume the same benefits apply (i.e. up to 3 passengers + Japday sticker). What isn't clear is whether you will still have the chore of receiving then posting out all the tickets/stand passes to members or if they will be sent direct to each person by the organiser at the circuit. The latter would be good news for you. One thing puzzles me though. If club passes are booked individually how will Amelia know how much stand space to allocate? Will there be a deadline by which we must all stump up our cash?

I can't find any mention if this event on IMOC. Do we want to try for a joint stand?

Btw I see that Japfest tickets at Silverstone are per person this year, not per car as has been the case when it was at Castle Combe. Bad news for anyone contemplating taking somebody with them.
B22_JLD wrote:I will be definitely coming to Japday, that is if i can work out how to book a ticket :confused1: . can someone please send me a link or something so i can do it easier as i am rubbish at this i followed the link on the first page got to some form thing but couldnt type init. is it possible to get in with the club stand ?? any spaces?
See above - http://www.japday.co.uk/car-clubs/
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

notroubleclubber
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8

Post by notroubleclubber »

Combe don't seem to be on the ball as much as the japfest organisers.

I'm considering not going to japfest this year just coz i don't like all these changes, however if combe don't pull their finger out and sort japday out properly then I will be "forced" to go Silverstone instead....which is a shame.

Woody928
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by Woody928 »

Not sure if I can go yet or not but track time has now been released. Got a post up from Castle Combe on facebook for those that are interested...
Rev3 JDM GTS Turbo 268.6bhp 262ftlb 0.9bar (Current Toy)
Rev4 UK GT T-BAR (Still in the family)

Topic author
Tinker2

Post by Tinker2 »

B22_JLD wrote:I will be definitely coming to Japday, that is if i can work out how to book a ticket :confused1: . can someone please send me a link or something so i can do it easier as i am rubbish at this i followed the link on the first page got to some form thing but couldnt type init. is it possible to get in with the club stand ?? any spaces?
For anyone wanting a club stand ticket & pass please don't buy anything off the Japday website. The club ticket links to a form which us as a club need to fill in for all our ticket requirement.

Either Jay or myself will add a payment link here at some point where you will pay for your ticket and we will buy the club tickets in one go. The closing date is not until the end of March so we have quite a while to book yet so no panic.

If you are wanting to book track time this is not booked by the club you will need to purchase this yourself from the Japday website. As said above, they will be changing the website shortly so that you are able to pick the time of the sessions you want.

1. Tinker2
2. Notroubleclubber
3. TonyleFrog
4. Dpeg
5. JimGTS
6. Craigrev3
7. B22_JLD
8. devonlad108

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 8 years and 3 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “National Events”