MR2OC trackday - DATE CHANGE! 7th September - UPDATE!!!!!!

Use this forum to post about Trackdays and other sporting events involving MR2s.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 17 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

TRD2000GT

Re: MR2OC trackday? Regsiter your interest please.........

Post by TRD2000GT »

Ah damn I would love to do this :(

My GT4 is still a 3SGTE??

Topic author
RichardPON
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0

Post by RichardPON »

Good response so far guys.

Let me just clear up a few issues as well.

Yes, there are noise limits in place, and they are non-negotiable. This is due to the impositions by the local council, and the fact that there are residences nearby. I will clarify the static and drive-by levels, but my Turbo flew through the tests on three occassions - however, if you have a PROPERLY noisy exhaust, you may struggle.

The only things you require to do a trackday are a proper race helmet. From memory, they are available for hire at Bedford itself.

The track is beautiful - it is probably the best surface in the UK, as it's not had the kind of abuse that other international tracks get..... Spaceman - you will only go through a set of tyres depending on how you drive. I'll do a set of pads, and put plenty of wears on my rears, but I'm attacking the track pretty hard. How much you do tyre wear wise will be to you, and not the track surface.

.......... which leads to the comparison to Brunters. With all due repsect JJ, you simply cannot compare a trackday at Brunters with something at Bedford. I've done one at Brunters, and where that is an airfield day in the fullest sense of the word, this is a proper 1.7 mile race circuit - there is a good reason why airfield events are so cheap, but they simply do not compare to a day out at somewhere like this.

A full day could have been arranged, but I wanted to keep the cost down until you're all as addicted as I am!

Depending on which day it is, I can organise a post trackday meal at an amazing pub I know just round the corner. They always cater for us when we do Bedford days, and are a superb bunch.
Call me Victor!

World Record Failure non-attendee No.1!
NOT a black knight as I'm not sad enough to belong to an internet group according to the colour of my car!

OLDSKOOL

Post by OLDSKOOL »

Take it my mk1 is welcome? I got a few issues to sort brakes wise but assuming I mange to get that sorted and i'm not on holiday (as I plan to sometime in september) i'm well up for it. The noise issue affects me too as Lauren aka trackdayqueen has informed me that my Janspeed can often be too loud for some circuits.

JustJJ
Years of MR2 Ownership: 6
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by JustJJ »

No probs Rich :) I can imagine the road surface etc would be better... just for peeps new to it etc... 3 hours doesnt seem long especially as its an evening.. difficult for peeps to get to :) unless they are near, with work commitments mid week etc... a day out mighta been easier is all :) I think its a fab idea... really loved the track day I went on

I dont doubt its a much better circuit than Brunters too :th:

PeteJ
Years of MR2 Ownership: 14

Post by PeteJ »

I'm in as long as I can do the date

If this is a confirmed booking event and we need a first paid, first served set-up then MR2oc may be able to facilitate the receipt and payment of funds to Motorsport vision. If its an arrive and drive affair, it may be prudent to take deposits to guarantee commitment.
Porsche 987 Boxster S 3.4 flat 6. Dyno 298 bhp 260 lbft.
CLICKY FOR BIG PICCY!
CLICKY For MR2

PeteJ

Post by PeteJ »

Oh.. forgot to mention that my NA's gonna muller the majority of your tubbys :mrgreen:
CLICKY FOR BIG PICCY!
CLICKY For MR2

Topic author
RichardPON

Post by RichardPON »

JJ,

To do a weekend trackday at anywhere decent in the summer is basically £180+. With fuel costs, and wear costs (more prominent at places like Snet etc), then it makes for a very expensive day for some people.

For example, the last one I did at Donnington was an August Sunday event, with subsidy through the RS Owner's Club, and it was still £160! That was in sessions and I actually only got three morning and three evening sessions at 20 mins a time, which equates to 2 hours driving on track. With sensible rest periods between self-imposed sessions, you should be able to cover that sort of time on an evening session with us. Also consider, that amount of track driving will leave you knackered!

Evening session also means people can take half days instead of whole days off work - that's always a bit better for most in my view.

Plus, who wouldn't want to drive this track:

Call me Victor!

NOT a black knight as I'm not sad enough to belong to an internet group according to the colour of my car!

babyfacegurl

Post by babyfacegurl »

:o Im in :twisted:

Topic author
RichardPON

Post by RichardPON »

Pete - that would be awesome to have the club's support.

I'm hoping this can become a regular thing in the future, as it would only be fair to show the N/A drivers just how slow their car is on circuit! ;)
Call me Victor!

ntensity

Post by ntensity »

All I can say is W0W! :o
Gonna enjoy this. I think Dep 2 Pro's will clear this as well as HKS Super Dragger...jonb mentioned this on IMOC.
Cant wait for this!!! Shall I just bring a spare set of tyres and brake pads then?
WOOHOO!!

PoohBear

Post by PoohBear »

I'm definitely interested subject to the date being ok with my shifts....so count me in too.

Cant have the tubby boys lording it hey Pete :)

Bob

PeteJ

Post by PeteJ »

RichardPON wrote:as it would only be fair to show the N/A drivers just how slow their car is on circuit! ;)
:lol: You maybe... but there is little skill required in using a go pedal on the straights, but braking point, line and overall attacking of the corners is not improved by a lump of metal attached to the exhaust manifold :twisted:

CLICKY FOR BIG PICCY!
CLICKY For MR2

Topic author
RichardPON

Post by RichardPON »

Pete - nice pictures! Wet circuit, lots of trees? - looks like Spa!

You're quite right about the braking points and lines.............

.......... although it can go wrong!

:lol:
Call me Victor!

PeteJ

Post by PeteJ »

Yup... Eau Rouge and the Bus Stop (see the cones blocking the new (in those days) F1 pitlane entrance).
CLICKY FOR BIG PICCY!
CLICKY For MR2

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 17 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Trackdaze”