Cooling hose for Mk3 MR2 - and confused new user of the site

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.

Topic author
Ian Kemp

Cooling hose for Mk3 MR2 - and confused new user of the site

Post by Ian Kemp »

Hi, this may not be the ideal subforum for posting but it's the only one that seems to let me access it or post a message - I'm a newly registered member. I have a Mk3 MR2 (2001) which I have owned for about 10 years and has generally run very well and reliably. However the temperature gauge has suddenly gone up to max and it is losing coolant very fast as soon as it warms up. My local garage reckon it's a corroded hose but can't get a replacement part from Toyota and are not sure what they can do from anyone else. Any suggestions? Sorry, I'm not a mechanic and wouldn't feel confident in going to a scrapyard and identifying and removing the right part. Seems a huge shame to scrap a good sound fully working car just because of a cooling hose (if that is the problem).

Also any suggestions on how to use this website and access forums would be appreciated. Do I need to be a full member for that? I thought that only applied to a few Members Only forums.

Thanks!

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: Cooling hose for Mk3 MR2 - and confused new user of the site

Post by jimi »

I've checked your account permissions and you have access to and can post in all the forums other than the Paid Members forums. https://mr2oc.co.uk/forum/posting-on-th ... 63415.html
Moved your post to MK3 Tech
As for hoses I'd be surprised if you can't get a hose from Mr T. Which hose are you looking for ? Try TCB Parts or any of the suppliers listed here https://mr2oc.co.uk/know-your-2/mr2-gen ... liers.html (red markers are suppliers)
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Return to “MK3”