Cusco Strut Braces

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 10 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Dariunas

Cusco Strut Braces

Post by Dariunas »

Hey all,

Got a a pair of these from a donor car I recently bought, but when I removed the rear, noticed that the ring mounting brackets were bent. They had been fitted with the stock strut brace mounting plates and I'm guessing they shouldn't have been?

Should I fit them back as they were, or fit them with the backing plates again...? Will try to get a pic up as I'm wondering if it might even be best to change the mounting plates... (but hopefully not)

_Al_
Current Model: MK2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 15
MR2's Owned: 7

Re: Cusco Strut Braces

Post by _Al_ »

Best to crush them back to flat in a vice if necessary and then put them on underneath the stock brace like they're meant to be.

TBH it won't make the slightest difference. As long as its bolted tightly in place it'll do its job.
Red 92 turbo tintop JDM
White 95 turbo tintop JDM (Nov '11 Show&Shine Winner)
Red 97 NA tintop JDM
Blue 95 tubby tintop JDM
Mica 96 NA T-bar UK
Red 96 UK NA
Red 97 NA tintop JDM

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 10 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”