how do i take door cards off for speaker access?

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 2 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
mattster

how do i take door cards off for speaker access?

Post by mattster »

Hi there all. How do i take the door cards off to gain access to the speakers on a 2000 Mk3 MR2?

Thanks,

Matt

Topic author
iLogik

Re: how do i take door cards off for speaker access?

Post by iLogik »

mattster wrote:Hi there all. How do i take the door cards off to gain access to the speakers on a 2000 Mk3 MR2?

Thanks,

Matt
Pretty side you pop the door insert plastic off, undo the one screw and then slide off. just scan around for screws :) Will be doing this job in next few days so will let you know.

Topic author
MangoMan

Post by MangoMan »

Quite a good link here: http://www.stephenmason.com/cars/mr2doorwire.html#door

Cheers, Bill.

Topic author
MangoMan

Post by MangoMan »

Mmmmmmmmmm Sorry..... :blush:

Next time I'll look before I leap!

It's just that I keep on forgetting there are other 'Marks' of MR2........ :zip

Sorry.

Topic author
mattster

Post by mattster »

OK, i have finally done this job of removing the door cards to gain access to change the speakers.

thought id give a quick run down incase it might help someone else.

The first time i tried it, i took the whole door card off but struggled getting it to fit back correctly at the top.

The 2nd time, i left the door card attached at the top and gained access through the bottom, that made it much easier to put back togther. You choice though.

First, undo the screw to the side of the door, near the hinge.

Remove the 2 screws that hold he metal door bar/handle (one under a black plastic cover and the other under the door handle sill.

I then LEFT the screw under the door release handle as this time i wanted the door card to stay attached at the top (had horrible time putting it back on the first time!).

I then gently pulled the door card from the bottom. I managed to pull it far enough out to gain access (with a short handled screwdriver) to remove the old speakers and replace with new ones.

Hope that helps for someone.

Matt

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 2 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK3”