Mk3 Rear window demister cable - how to connect

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
topcat_666

Post by topcat_666 »

Hi all

I decided to take a risk with the UK summer and finally take my hard top off.
Taking it off and disconnecting the demister cable to the hard top was easy.
But... now I can't locate the end of the cable for the demister coming from the soft top.
Had a good poke around with a torch and tried to follow the cable from the window with my hand. The manual makes absolutely no sense to me.

Anyone got any tips/ideas please?

Topic author
iLogik

Post by iLogik »

You will need to remove the plastic trim behind the drivers seat cubby box, if you follow the hard top cable you unplugged from the hard top, you will find a double socket with your softtop plugged into one bit keeping it safe, and the other end your hard top wire.

Unplug the hard top wire and plug your softtop wire into that socket. hope this helps.

Topic author
topcat_666

Re: Mk3 Rear window demister cable - how to connect

Post by topcat_666 »

Wow, quick reply, thanks.

By trim I presume you mean the bit of curved plastic to the side of the cubby space behind the driver?
This was already removed, it is in place on the passenger side.

Coming out of the floor of the cubby is a black cable that splits into 2, both with a connector on the end. The other end of the hard top cable is connected into one of them (I disconnected it from the window of the hard top and pulled it through)
The other connector has nothing on it.

I can't see any connector in the floor or side of the cubby.
Do I need to remove more than just the removable side?
The manual says these can be removed to get more space in the cubby.

Many thanks.

Topic author
iLogik

Post by iLogik »

you know the plastic trim by the striker which the hardtop attaches to, remove that, think its 3 black thinks you have to pop out.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK3”