Getting a meet up organised.

Moderator: Regional Reps

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 1 year and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Peter Hardy
Years of MR2 Ownership: 4
MR2's Owned: 3

Re: Getting a meet up organised.

Post by Peter Hardy »

Hi Benjamin

Unfortunately not. My car is in hibernation ATM but will be back on the road by the start of April. I'm up for a meet up anytime from then onwards. :th:

Best regards

Peter.

1988 JDM Mk1B T-Bar

benjamin

Post by benjamin »

Peter Hardy wrote: 21/02/23 1:52 Hi Benjamin

Unfortunately not. My car is in hibernation ATM but will be back on the road by the start of April. I'm up for a meet up anytime from then onwards. :th:
Ah, gotcha! Ok, so… mid-to-late-April (there’s a four-day-bank-holiday in April, though the Sunday at least (9th) is nay good for me.

Would be good to start gathering names and numbers - so come out of the woodwork, y’all lurkers haha. Tell us if you’re local to Yorkshire and let’s start finding out who’s still active here! Hahaha.

Topic author
Peter Hardy

Post by Peter Hardy »

Sounds good to me 😃. Hopefully there will be a few of us to sort something out.
Best regards

Peter.

1988 JDM Mk1B T-Bar

JRD93

Post by JRD93 »

I moved recently to Elsecar, should be close enough.

My cars currently floating on 4 jack stands so doing anything soon won't be possible, taking all the parts to be powdercoated tomorrow and should be back on it's wheels mid March.

Topic author
Peter Hardy

Post by Peter Hardy »

We're talking about April sometime so that will work. Woohoo 😁, potentially 3 of us at least so far.....

Anybody want to pick a date? I'm retired so have the luxury of flexibility 👴😀.
Best regards

Peter.

1988 JDM Mk1B T-Bar

benjamin

Post by benjamin »

Ok so… how about April 10?

It’s the day after my birthday, but it’s also the day after Easter, so it’s a Bank Holiday Monday.

Either that or April 16, which is the Sunday after.

With regards location, a great place local to me is The Motorist. However it’s very local to me so not that far for me to drive 😂 but am willing to make that sacrifice if it works. It’s a regular car meet place, with a garage, shop and restaurant now. They actually have a JDM meet there on May 27, but I expect that will busy AF so potentially best avoided 🤷🏻‍♂️

Beyond that I’d say we plot all our locations on a map and work out the most interesting location / routes.

Or maybe you already have a place haha. Sorry, excited.

Topic author
Peter Hardy

Post by Peter Hardy »

Sunday April 16th may be a bit quieter for a meet rather than the Bank Hol Monday?

The Motorist looks to be 70 odd miles from me or around a 150 mile round trip. I'm prepared to do that but agree that somewhere that's fairly central to all may well work better. The downside is we need to know who's gonna go and their date availability too.

I will send a PM to previous contributors to this thread and ask them to give their thoughts / availability in this thread.

Cheers, Peter.
Best regards

Peter.

1988 JDM Mk1B T-Bar

martin42006
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 4

Post by martin42006 »

Hi Guys, the 16th would be better for me i think.
I should either be on a dive trip or roadtrip on the easter weekend so wouldnt be back down in time.

The motorist is a good shout, but depending on whos up for joining then a more centeral meet might be welcomed.
Thirsk has been mentioned before although thats possibly a bit or a drive for Wilki sr.
How about more inland like Aysgarth or Hawes, would hit some good roads getting there as an added bonus.
What next? What little thing will change the world because the little tinkers carried on tinkering? - Raising Steam
GNU Terry Pratchett

Topic author
Peter Hardy

Post by Peter Hardy »

Hi Egil

I think the 16th would be better too. I really don't mind where we meet, as long as it's not much more than the 150 mile round trip to The Motorist.
Best regards

Peter.

1988 JDM Mk1B T-Bar

JRD93

Post by JRD93 »

It would have to be the 16th for me. Just checked Aysgarth and it's 1 hour 40 mins one way for me, on the wrong side of Leeds to me. I have been to the motorist for one of their coffee and cars about a month ago in the MR2.

benjamin

Post by benjamin »

Hi all :)

I’m honestly happy with wherever - I think it’s a good idea to get everyone plotted on a map and then figure out something that’s reasonable for everyone, for sure. The Motorist is lovely but 150miles is a lot for a meet up! And on the opposite end of the scale, it’s just a bit too close to me. Looking forward to displaying there at the JDMFest meet-up, though.

Topic author
Peter Hardy

Post by Peter Hardy »

I don't mind a 150 mile round trip for a meet up as I understand that we live all over the place. I suggested Thirsk early in the thread but the issue there is probably gonna be parking. Somewhere like The Motorist should solve that problem.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? Egil suggested Aysgarth or Hawes which are good shouts with decent roads to enjoy.
Best regards

Peter.

1988 JDM Mk1B T-Bar

TonyleFrog
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by TonyleFrog »

martin42006 wrote: 23/02/23 10:16 The motorist is a good shout, but depending on whos up for joining then a more centeral meet might be welcomed.
Thirsk has been mentioned before although thats possibly a bit or a drive for Wilki sr.
How about more inland like Aysgarth or Hawes, would hit some good roads getting there as an added bonus.
You'll be hungry/thirsty after all that driving. ;) If I were up that way, I'd say Leyburn.
The perfect location for MR2s. :clapping: - https://goo.gl/maps/m8EhuoMt6GPGeXUJ6
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

Topic author
Peter Hardy

Post by Peter Hardy »

Right, I think we need to be making some decisions otherwise it's gonna be winter again :laughing . The consensus seems to be that Sunday 16th April suits everyone best so let's stick with that.

Location - There's a few possibilities that have been suggested. Can you pick your selections in preferred order? Suggestions are:

Thirsk
The Motorist
Aysgarth
Hawes
Leyburn

Would you all be happy to go with the majority decision?

Cheers all 🍻.
Best regards

Peter.

1988 JDM Mk1B T-Bar

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 1 year and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Yorkshire/North East”