WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Tsunami
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Post by Tsunami »

So, we will have to have several cars, each matching TG's colours, that way is the only way to guarantee being up front at any WRA... :)

We have nothing to fear except politicians themselves

Topic author
topgun
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 10

Post by topgun »

Tsunami65 wrote:So, we will have to have several cars, each matching TG's colours, that way is the only way to guarantee being up front at any WRA... :)
lol tis the best colour :bleh:

TonyleFrog
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by TonyleFrog »

Tsunami65 wrote:So, we will have to have several cars, each matching TG's colours, that way is the only way to guarantee being up front at any WRA... :)
Nope - atm you only need two. Cosmos Blue and Black.
The reality though is you only need one because the old goat has already posted that
- he won't be changing the colour of TRD2
- the Purple Helmet will be out front
So it's a no-brainer.
Next time, the colours should be in reverse order. HM & Chris in the last row. ;)
Tbh, I don't care. Either way - I win. :th:
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

kentsmudger

Post by kentsmudger »

rover76 wrote:i reckon we should make 226 phone calls of complaints to the big wigs who's being complete n*b :annoyed:
Or convoy to 17 Hanover Square, London W1 (their HQ). Call the press and drive round and round till they get the certificate to you!

Or hold WRA 3 there! :cheeky:

rhon
Years of MR2 Ownership: 15
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by rhon »

WRA3?

Can we all agree in advance to pay an extra tenner and get it confirmed on the day this time??
red arrow16a (XVIa)& 16b (XVIb) replacement gear & handbrake gaiters http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/265/149068.html Refurb gearknobs and steering wheels W Mids Regional Rep

Topic author
topgun

Post by topgun »

Rhon wrote:WRA3?

Can we all agree in advance to pay an extra tenner and get it confirmed on the day this time??
Well Rhon i give up everything was done by there guidelines,all paperwork sent of, looks like they are blanking us because we decided not to cough up the £2k,even Robx has tries contacting them and failed.I reckon we should have a mass convoy go up there and demand our record,and not leave untill we get it. :ranting1:

r0b

Post by r0b »

Ok, I've done all I could had journalists contact them, including an ex BBC journo.
The way they have treate this is disgusting, only thing left to do is flame them in the press.
I'll hold off of that for now. Sorry I haven't been able to get a result guys.

badgerbob
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0

Post by badgerbob »

topgun wrote:
Rhon wrote:WRA3?

Well Rhon i give up everything was done by there guidelines,all paperwork sent of, looks like they are blanking us because we decided not to cough up the £2k,even Robx has tries contacting them and failed.I reckon we should have a mass convoy go up there and demand our record,and not leave untill we get it. :ranting1:
count me in for that one, new world record for most unhappy people in mr2's :D

Topic author
topgun

Post by topgun »

Maybe June of 2011,got to much going on right now.

TonyleFrog

Post by TonyleFrog »

robx wrote:Ok, I've done all I could had journalists contact them, including an ex BBC journo.
The way they have treate this is disgusting, only thing left to do is flame them in the press.
I'll hold off of that for now. Sorry I haven't been able to get a result guys.
http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/member/faqs.aspx
FAQ 2
Once you have received the guidelines you can attempt the record and collect all the evidence as indicated in the guidelines and in the Records Breakers Pack. You can send the evidence to our office in London, where we will be able to verify it within 6 weeks and send you a certificate to commemorate the achievement, if the verification is satisfactory.

If you send to us evidence of a record you have not applied for, we will not be able to process it.

The $64,000 question is did we comply 100% with their guidelines or was something omitted? Is there a problem with the verification or have they simply not done it? If the latter, then they may have broken their own rules - will soon be 6 months, not six weeks!

Rob, it will cost £1 to get the name of the CEO of Guinness World Records Ltd from Companies House. A suitably worded letter of complaint to the top dog (send it recorded delivery) might produce a response.

If that channel doesn't work then the only option is some negative publicity.

Howlin_Mad
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Howlin_Mad »

TonyleFrog wrote:Rob, it will cost £1 to get the name of the CEO of Guinness World Records Ltd from Companies House. A suitably worded letter of complaint to the top dog (send it recorded delivery) might produce a response.

If that channel doesn't work then the only option is some negative publicity.
I'll get his name and address tomorrow. PM me if you want it to send letters :th:

HM
MGB GT For Sale// JDM Rev3 3VZ-FE V6

TonyleFrog

Post by TonyleFrog »

Howlin_Mad wrote:I'll get his name and address tomorrow. PM me if you want it to send letters :th:
That would be good! :th: Now if the CEO was to receive 226 separate letters....... ;)

Howlin_Mad
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Howlin_Mad »

TonyleFrog wrote:
Howlin_Mad wrote:I'll get his name and address tomorrow. PM me if you want it to send letters :th:
That would be good! :th: Now if the CEO was to receive 226 separate letters....... ;)
Once i get his/her address i'll CC a copy of the letter to my sister who works for the Eastern Daily Press so they can write a wonderful article about our record breaker :)

HM
MGB GT For Sale// JDM Rev3 3VZ-FE V6

r0b

Post by r0b »

HM - Don't suppose you could CC me, I'd like to keep my press contact informed if flaming is needed! :th:

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “WRA post event chat”