warning lights coming on: Battery Discharge, Engine cooling

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 10 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
GARY 50

warning lights coming on: Battery Discharge, Engine cooling

Post by GARY 50 »

My MR2 has developed a fault with the following warning lights coming on: Battery Discharge, Engine cooling fan, low oil level All 3 stay on permanently Battery is new oil is topped up and engine fan works if i unplug the sensor

Topic author
littlemisstubby

Re: warning lights coming on: Battery Discharge, Engine cool

Post by littlemisstubby »

Alternator. Check to see what voltage you are getting across the battery terminals with the engine idling.

Also make sure the battery terminals are secure and tight. ;)

topgun
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 10

Post by topgun »

Alternator ,I assume you have checked the belt is ok.

Topic author
GARY 50

Post by GARY 50 »

I have tried the belt that fine not sure what else to do

Topic author
GARY 50

Post by GARY 50 »

thanks for the help i found out today what it was when the Alternator belt snapped the Alternator
had sized up completely mind you it has been on there for the last ten years so i think i have had my moneys worth

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 10 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”